What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a replacement for teeth. Dental implants may be fixed (permanent) or removable. They are made to match your teeth and look as natural as possible. They are titanium posts, which are anchored to your jawbone and function essentially like a tooth root. After the implant adheres or fuses to the bone, a customized crown is placed on top of the post.
Who Needs Dental Implants?
There are a number of reasons someone may need a dental implant. Tooth loss can occur due to trauma or an accident, severe tooth decay, and gum loss. These issues can cause the inability to chew, and impact the ability to speak.
What Are The Benefits Of Dental Implants?
- There are many advantages to getting dental implants.
- Improved confidence. You will have your smile back!
- Improved Speech. Dental implants do not slip, so you will not have to worry about stumbling over your words.
- No movement or slippage around the gums.
- Easy to maintain. You only need to follow routine brushing and flossing.
- Easier to eat. Dental implants work just like your natural teeth and won’t slide around.
- Improved appearance. You will have a beautiful smile!
- Improved comfort. The dental implants function like your own teeth and will be comfortable.
- Better oral health. Dental implants do not require reducing other teeth like bridges do. This also allows for easier access between teeth, which keeps your teeth and gum healthier.
- Convenient. You will not have the hassle with removal and messy adhesives.
- Durable. Dental implants are strong and durable. If you take good care of your dental implants, they should last your entire life.
Dental implants are generally very successful, and with the proper care, they will last a lifetime. The procedure is usually painless since local anesthetic is used.